The apartment is comfortable, well equipped and in a good location. There was no problem during the rental, we discussed all the necessary issues easily and quickly. I was very satisfied.
Nyáron viszont nagyon meleg van, egy légkondi hiányzik.
The biggest problem was that the boiler had also not been cleaned for some time. This meant it emitted Carbon Monoxide. This was so serious that my partner had to spend the night in hospital with Carbon Monoxide poisoning. Linda claimed the boiler had been cleaned recently, however an independent engineer who came to repair it said the problem was the amount of dirt. I also watched him remove a huge amount of dust and dirt from inside the boiler and it also seemed to me that the boiler had not been cleaned for some time.
When we handed the apartment back we again tried to clean the flat as best as we could. However there are months of dirt which needs a full deep clean by a professional company with the correct machines and cleaning products. When Linda arrived for the handover she tried to complain that the flat wasn’t clean enough to give the deposit back. I was very surprised that after a Carbon Monoxide leak in her flat had resulted in someone being hospitalised, she was now complaining about a €50 deposit but eventually she seemed to accept that the flat was being handed back in a better condition that she had given it to us and she returned my deposit.
Overall I would advise people to think carefully. If you do decide to stay here, I strongly recommend you bring a Carbon Monoxide alarm with you. There is one in the flat but it has been triggered numerous times by the CO leaks in the bathroom and despite official guidance saying that a CO alarm should be replaced after it has been triggered, Linda chose to keep the old one in place. We ended up buying our own alarm but we took it with us when we left.
I have written to Flatio and asked them to undertake an inspection of this property before more people are allowed to live here. I hope this results in some changes, but the above is true as of September 2021. This is the first negative review I have ever written of a property and I don’t enjoy writing it but it is important that people are warned of the potential risks. To try to end on a positive note, I would say that Linda’s partner was very kind and polite throughout the rental process.